A Palestinian NGO established in 1965 as one of the leading bases of Palestinian Liberation Organization, it acts as the umbrella of Palestinian women NGOs in the occupied Palestinian territories.
The GUPW aims at organizing and reinforcing the participation of Palestinian women at the political, social and economic levels, and enhances women empowerment and development to enable them participate effectively at all levels. This is done through working with the different political parties in the oPt.
- Raising political awareness of women, and enhancing participation in decision making at the levels of political parties, unions and grassroots.
- Revising policies, legislations and laws to ensure non-discrimination against women and insuring gender equality and equal opportunities among women and men.
- Engaging women in working effectively within the PLO.
- Engaging women in the labour market and all other economic activities.
- Insure better cultural and health conditions of Palestinian women through organizing the basic education programs and fighting literacy.